This recipe for slow cooker lemon and mixed berry self-saucing pudding was inspired by a slow cooker Facebook group I follow called Slow Cooked Wonders.
I love a fruit pudding and decided to use a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in my self-saucing pudding. It’s also great with strawberries in it. You make the cake mixture up and then pour on a mixture of lemon infused boiling water and sugar which makes the sauce that forms underneath the pudding.
If you like this, do check out my post on Baking and making puddings in a slow cooker too. There are lots of recipes, ideas and tips there.
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g self-raising flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1/2 punnet of raspberries
- 1/2 punnet of sweet blackberries
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml milk
For the sauce:
- 250 ml boiling water
- 100 g caster sugar
- The flesh from the two lemons used for zest and juice
1. Remove and grease your slow cooker pot.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
3. Add the butter and mix.
4. Whisk together the eggs, milk, lemon juice in a jug, then pour this onto the dry ingredients and mix till smooth.
5. Stir in the berries, then pour the mixture into the slow cooker pot.
6. In a jug, mix together 250 ml boiling water with the flesh from the lemons and leave to infuse for five minutes.
6. Strain out the lemon, keeping the water, then mix in the 100 g of caster sugar and stir until dissolved.
7. Pour this mixture over the batter in the pot.
8. Cover and cook on high for approx 2 hours, or until the sponge is firm and no liquid areas remain. It took just over two and a half hours on high to cook in my slow cooker, which is quite slow.
Below is the finished product after serving. The sauce was purple from the fruit and the sponge was lovely and soft.
If you like this, you might also like these other recipes: