Slow Cooker Chocolate and Mint Aero Bubble Cake – a delicious chocolate fudge cake baked in the slow cooker with Mint Aero Bubbles! Baking in the slow cooker is so easy. The most popular recipe on my blog. Look around for loads more slow cooker cakes and bakes!
So it is Good Friday and I am bringing you …..more chocolate! Well it can’t be avoided, this is the time of year for it after all. 🙂
This is a cake with a difference as it is made in my slow cooker (3.5 litre oval slow cooker).
I decided to make a slow cooker chocolate and Mint Aero Bubble cake quite simply because I wanted to see the Aero Bubbles in a cake!
I have seen Maltesers and similar being used in traybakes (do make the Malteser traybake, it is delicious!) but I wanted these to go in a cake, not a no-bake or brownies. I thought the cake would look great when sliced as you would see the green circles against the dark brown chocolate cake, as well as the bubbly texture of the bubbles against the velvety cake. Well that was the idea anyway!
I saw in the traybake etc recipes that sometimes they froze the Maltesers or Aero bubbles overnight so they didn’t melt when baking. I didn’t have the patience for that so just went for it.
- 190 g (1.5 cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g (1/3 of a cup plus 2 tablespoons) cocoa powder
- 200 g (3/4 of a cup plus 2 tablespoons) light brown sugar
- 125 g (half a cup plus 1 tablespoon) butter
- 3 eggs
- 180 ml milk
- A large share bag of Mint Aero Bubbles
1. Grease and line the slow cooker bowl.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
3. Cream the butter with the sugar then add the eggs slowly, mixing after each addition.
4. Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
5. Fold in the flour mixture.
6. Pour the cake batter into the slow cooker bowl.
7. Add about half the Mint Aero Bubbles, scattering them over the top.
8. Put the lid on and turn the slow cooker onto high.
9. Cook for 2-3 hours on high until firm.
This is what it looked like after 45 mins. The edges are becoming firm and the Aero bubbles are melting!
Another hour later, after adding more Aero Bubbles in the centre.
Finished, after two and a quarter hours.
Yummy, fudgy chocolate cake topped with minty chocolate!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Slow cooker cream cheese brownies here
- Slow cooker cherry chocolate blondies here
- Slow cooker lemon and blackberry cake here
- My guide to baking and making puddings in your slow cooker
- My Recipe Index for all the recipes organised in categories (slow cooker, cake, bread etc)
Pin it for later: