I’m delighted to be hosting The Slow Cooked Challenge for the first time this month. I am partnering with Janice from Farmersgirl Kitchen to bring you Janice’s well-established blogging challenge and linky for slow cooked dishes, whether cooked in a slow cooker or using slow cooking methods in conventional ovens. I’ve been taking part in the challenge for quite a while now, and was so pleased when Janice invited me to host with her. If you saw last month’s challenge which Janice hosted, you will have seen her delicious recipe for a spicy tomato pork tenderloin, as well as the September entries, which were a lovely array of slow cooked recipes.
Slow Cooker Yellow Chilli Brisket
The recipe I have put together here could be just what you need if you are looking for a warming dish for autumn and winter. Slow cooked brisket, tender and falling to shreds, mixes with yellow chillies, amarillo chilli sauce and taco beans to create delicious flavours reminiscent of South America.
- 850 g beef brisket
- 1 rich beef stockpot (or stock cube)
- 200 ml hot water from the kettle
- 3-4 capfuls amarillo chilli sauce I used Encona
- 1 in handful of mild pickled yellow chillies sold a jar
- 3/4 of a 400 g tin of taco beans in spicy tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
First, sear the brisket on all sides in a hot pan, then place it in your slow cooker. Add the beef stockpot and hot water and cook on high for 4-5 hours, until tender.
After the 4-5 hours, remove the brisket from the slow cooker and place it on a large plate. Shred the meat using two forks.
Remove half of the beef stock from the slow cooker and place the shredded brisket back in.
Add the Amarillo chilli sauce, the yellow chillies, the taco beans in spicy tomato sauce and the tomato purée. Combine and cook on high for 1 hour
Serve garnished with fresh herbs, with boiled rice and flatbreads.
Brown the brisket on all sides before placing in the slow cooker.
Shred the meat then continue to cook with the yellow chillis and beans.
Ready to serve, and full of flavour!
Slow Cooked Challenge for October
If you are not familiar with the Slow Cooked Challenge, it is a monthly blog challenge dedicated to making recipes using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot or by slow cooking in the oven, aga or other slow method of cooking. Each month there will be a theme e.g. soup, dessert, vegetarian or an open challenge.
This month it’s an OPEN challenge, so you can enter any Slow Cooked recipe.
If you would like to take part, then please:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen and BakingQueen74
- Use the Slow Cooked Challenge logo (above) in your post
- If you use Twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and we will re-tweet it to our followers AND post your picture on the dedicated Pinterest Board.
- A round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month and a round up will be posted on the host blog.
Cook and blog a slow cooked recipe in line with the Theme for the month and link up using the Linky below:
Pin my slow cooker yellow chilli brisket recipe for later!