My madeleine tin is a vintage find from France, I love it!
These vanilla and lemon madeleines were as easy to make as fairy cakes, and very tasty.
100 g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
100 g plain flour
100 g butter, melted
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of a lemon
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Prepare the tin with a little melted butter and preheat the oven to 180.
2. Whisk the sugar and eggs until frothy.
3. Lightly whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Then pour carefully into the tin.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and firm in the middle.
6. Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then carefully remove from the tin.
7. Dust with icing sugar to serve.