5 Winter Slow Cooker Recipes & December Slow Cooked Challenge
As Christmas nears there seems to be so much less time to do anything, plus it is cold and the evenings are dark. Using the slow cooker to make a comforting hot meal which will be ready as soon as we get home is just about my idea of heaven at this time of year. Casseroles, spicy curries, plus of course indulgent puddings are all on the menu at this time of year to keep out the chill! The Slow Cooked Challenge is the place to find slow cooker recipe inspiration for this month.
Here are the enticing November entries from the #SlowCookedChallenge, with some great inspiration to use your slow cooker for Christmas/Thanksgiving dishes, and at the end of the page you’ll find the December linky too if you are a blogger and want link up your recipe. For bloggers this is a place to share your slow cooked recipes, great for autumn and winter, and for readers this is a place for the latest blogger recipes to get you inspired in the kitchen!
NOVEMBER 2017 SLOW COOKED CHALLENGE ROUNDUP
This beautiful vegetarian slow cooker butternut dhal recipe is from Kate from The Veg Space. Doesn’t it look delicious and a great option for Meat Free Mondays.
Michelle from Flipped Out Food shared her excellent way to make your turkey stock in your crockpot, just what is needed after Thanksgiving or Christmas! I’ll definitely be making my stock this way come 26th December.
Marilyn’s Treats joined in with her slow cooker mashed potatoes two ways, another great way to use your slow cooker for Thanksgiving or Christmas side dishes.
Cooking with Kids’ recipe for slow cooker beef goulash is a meal the whole family will devour, and perfect for returning to after a long day.
My entry was dessert (again, must try harder), boozy salted caramel fudge.
PIN FOR LATER – 5 WINTER SLOW COOKER RECIPES
SLOW COOKED CHALLENGE DECEMBER 2017
If you are wondering what the Slow Cooked Challenge is, it is a monthly blog challenge for food bloggers, in which recipes made using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot, or using a Slow Cooker function in an Instant Pot or Multi Cooker, or by slow cooking in the oven or Aga, or any other slow method of cooking you can think of, are welcome! There is no theme for the recipes, you can link up any kind of slow cooked recipe. I look forward to seeing your Slow Cooked dishes!
If you would like to take part, then please follow these rules:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to BakingQueen74 and add the Slow Cooked Challenge logo (above) in your post
- Comment on the host blog post (this post)
- Comment on/social share eg on Twitter or Facebook some of the other entries, let’s make a Slow Cooking community
- If you are on Twitter, tweet your post to @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and I will re-tweet it
- I will also: comment on all entries, pin your entry on the Slow Cooked Challenge Pinterest Board, Flip your post on FlipBoard and Yum your recipe if you have a Yummly button
- A full round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog at the end of the month, with the new linky for the next month
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 30th of each month.
I look forward to seeing your December slow cooked recipes!
[inlinkz_linkup id=754523 mode=1]