These banana oat chocolate chunk cookies smell wonderful and only took a couple of minutes to make before they were ready to pop in the oven.
With only two basic ingredients you can replace the chocolate chunks with raisins, walnuts or whatever you fancy. You could add cinnamon or vanilla extract to change the flavour too. They are ideal for kids’ lunchboxes or for as an after-school snack, or a healthy snack for you.
2 really ripe bananas
1 cereal bowl full of rolled oats
3-4 chunks of 70% dark chocolate
1. Mash the bananas with a fork.
2. Pour in the oats and mix well.
3. Chop up the chocolate and mix it in.
4. Place spoonfuls of the cookie batter on a greased lined tray and shape into cookie shapes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.