I keep seeing people saying it is lovely and sunny and feels like summer, but here it has been bright but cold. I am now wondering why here down South we aren’t getting warm weather when everyone else seems to be enjoying it! Due to the weather I’m still slow cooking right now so even though this isn’t the traditional season for slow cooking. Soon hopefully though we will be able to switch to salads, barbecues and an abundance of summer fruits. So I thought I’d continue the Slow Cooked Challenge this month. After all, slow cooking doesn’t just mean heavy dishes – see my roundup of spring and summer slow cooker recipes for inspiration.
Here I’ve rounded up the four entries into April’s Slow Cooked Challenge and at the bottom of the page is the Slow Cooked Challenge linky for May.
April’s Slow Cooked Challenge Entries
Slow cooker chocolate orange cake from Jenny from Mummy Mishaps, a lovely orangey cake to enjoy with a cuppa. Love that Jenny was inspired by my mint aero bubble cake too.
My slow cooker blueberry porridge, with video! My kids love this for breakfast.
Jenny also sent this marvellous idea of cauliflower chilli con carne, perfect for a light meal.
Janice from Farmersgirl Kitchen linked up this delicious cider, apple and sausage casserole, which was Janice’s tribute to Izzie from Coriander Queen.
Thanks for the entries this month, a small but delicious selection of recipes here I think!
Slow Cooked Challenge May 2017
If you are not familiar with the Slow Cooked Challenge, it is a monthly blog challenge dedicated to making recipes using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot or by slow cooking in the oven, aga or other slow method of cooking. There is no theme, any kind of slow cooked recipe is welcome! I look forward to seeing your slow cooked dishes!
If you would like to take part, then please:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to BakingQueen74 and add the Slow Cooked Challenge logo (above) in your post
- Comment on this post (we all love a nice comment!)
- If you use Twitter, tweet your post to @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and I will re-tweet it
- I will also: comment on all entries, pin your entry on the Slow Cooked Challenge Pinterest Board, submit your post to FlipBoard and Yum your recipe if you have a Yummly button
- A round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog at the end of the month.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month and a round up will be posted on the host blog.
[inlinkz_linkup id=714454 mode=1]