October is of course the month when the nights get longer, the days get shorter and darker, the temperature drops and we start needing more comfort food to warm us through. Now it is November and this is definitely the case! Making use of your slow cooker is perfect for this time of year, when you don’t want to spend hours cooking after a long day at work. If you need some new slow cooker recipe inspiration you are in the right place!
Here are the delicious October entries from the #SlowCookedChallenge, and at the end of the page you’ll find the November linky too if you want to send over your blogged recipe.
OCTOBER 2017 SLOW COOKED CHALLENGE ROUNDUP
Perfect for winter, Cat from Curly’s Cooking linked up her store cupboard slow cooker chicken casserole. Full of goodness this is bound to be a winter favourite!
Of course being October there had to be a Halloween influence here! Tastefully Vikkie showed us how to easily cook a whole pumpkin in the slow cooker, such a brilliant tip for when the pumpkins are cheap and plentiful in the shops. Vikkie also has plenty of recipes of how to use your cooked pumpkin.
Curries are wonderful when it gets chilly, and Donna from Bobsy’s Mum shared her recipe for an easy one pot lamb rogan josh, which simmers away on the hob while you drink copious amounts of tea. The ideal winter warmer!
Janice shared her six secrets to the best crockpot beef stew and dumplings. Just the perfect dish for winter which the whole family will love. Make sure you check out her tips to make your beef stew the best ever!
I made paprika pork goulash, so delicious and warming.
For dessert Jenny from Mummy Mishaps has made a gorgeous slow cooker blueberry, lemon and ginger cake. That lemon curd topping looks just divine!
Pin for later – 6 warming slow cooked recipes
SLOW COOKED CHALLENGE NOVEMBER 2017
If you are wondering what the Slow Cooked Challenge is, it is a monthly blog challenge for food bloggers, in which recipes made using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot, or using a Slow Cooker function in an Instant Pot or Multi Cooker, or by slow cooking in the oven or Aga, or any other slow method of cooking you can think of, are welcome! There is no theme for the recipes, you can link up any kind of slow cooked recipe. I look forward to seeing your Slow Cooked dishes!
If you would like to take part, then please follow these rules:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to BakingQueen74 and add the Slow Cooked Challenge logo (above) in your post
- Comment on the host blog post (this post)
- Comment on/social share eg on Twitter or Facebook some of the other entries, let’s make a Slow Cooking community
- If you are on Twitter, tweet your post to @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and I will re-tweet it
- I will also: comment on all entries, pin your entry on the Slow Cooked Challenge Pinterest Board, Flip your post on FlipBoard and Yum your recipe if you have a Yummly button
- A full round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog at the end of the month, with the new linky for the next month
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 30th of each month.
I look forward to seeing your November slow cooked recipes!
Loading InLinkz ...