Need a simple slow cooker dessert? My slow cooker caramel cake is so easy to make with ingredients you can pick up the the supermarket.
How do you make it?
Take a pack of Victoria Sponge mix, make up as the instructions, or if you prefer make your own cake recipe (my slow cooker victoria sponge would work well) then add in dollops of Caramel Carnation or other dulce de leche to make this scrumptious treat. If you prefer why not try Nutella, jam or peanut butter too!
What is the result?
Almost like an upside down cake, the caramel oozes out the bottom of the sponge and the cake begs to be eaten warm with custard.
Before baking in the slow cooker it already looks good enough to eat.
After two hours on high the caramel sinks to the bottom and it is all gooey and ready to be demolished with custard!
Slow Cooker Caramel Cake
- 1 pack Victoria sponge cake mix
- 0.5 tin Carnation caramel or dulce de leche sauce.
- If you are using a cake mix, make it up as per the instructions on the pack.
- Line your slow cooker pot with a large cake case or baking paper.
- Pour in the cake mixture.
- Swirl spoonfuls of the caramel into the cake using a knife.
- Cook on high for 2 hours with a tea towel under the lid to catch drips.
- Serve with custard!