Slow Cooker Chicken Tagine with Sweet Potato
This Moroccan flavoured dish is a delicious and warming recipe to make in your slow cooker which you can eat all year round
- 1 onion
- 0.5 red pepper
- 1 sweet potato (250 g approx)
- 3 chicken breasts (500 g approx)
- 400 g chickpeas drained
- 500 g passata
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried rose petals crushed
- 3-4 tbsp pomegranate seeds I used half a pomegranate
- 3-4 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
Add the ingredients to the slow cooker pot.
Mix gently to combine the sauce ingredients.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
Garnish with the dried rose petals, pomegranate seeds and flat-leaf parsley, and serve with couscous or rice.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 877mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5395IU | Vitamin C: 29.4mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg