Chocolate Loaf Cake with Maltesers
A delicious chocolate loaf cake stuffed and topped with Maltesers
- 175 g unsalted butter softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 g Maltesers
- 100 g chocolate milk or dark chocolate, whch ever you prefer
- 50 g Maltesers
- freeze-dried strawberry pieces
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C (fan). Line a 900 g/1 lb loaf tin with baking paper.
Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy (I use a hand mixer).
Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each one.
Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until well combined and smooth.
Add the Maltesers and then spoon the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
Bake for 1 hour ten mins approx until firm in the centre when tested with a cake tester or skewer.
Leave to cool completely on a rack.
Melt the chocolate and then spread/pour it over the cake.
Top with the freeze-dried strawberry pieces and more Maltesers.
Serve and enjoy!
This cake will keep its moisture for about 4 days if wrapped in baking parchment, or in a sealed container at room temperature.
- Instead of melting chocolate to top this loaf cake you could cover it with chocolate buttercream.
- Swap Maltesers for your favourite chocolate treat - chopped Mars Bars, Bounty bars, Mint Aero bubbles, Terry's Chocolate Orange segments, whatever you fancy!
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 519IU | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg