Kiwi Ice Lollies
Simple to make ice lollies (popsicles) made with pureed kiwi and tonic water
- 300 g kiwi peeled and sliced
- 200 ml tonic water I used diet tonic water with lime
Peel the kiwis, then slice them up.
Puree the kiwi in a blender until smooth.
Pour in the tonic water and stir.
Pour into your ice lolly moulds and add lolly sticks.
Freeze for 4-6 hours until solid.
Remove from the moulds and enjoy!
Tips for making the ice lollies:
- Don't fill each mould right to the top, leave a little space of around a centimetre or so, so that when you push in the lolly sticks it does not overflow
- Put the blue lid on when the moulds have been filled, then add the sticks in each hole
- Adjust the sticks so they are all at the same level, you only need about one or two centimetres of stick to hold onto
- Put the mould in the freezer on an even surface so that the ice lollies don't freeze at an angle, making sure the sticks are still in the right place
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight until frozen through
- When solid, loosen the lollies by running the lid and sides of the mould under the cold tap
- Don't force the blue lid off as it could snap, wait a while so that the ice loosens, then take off the lid
- Gently remove the lollies by pulling the sticks, and transfer to a freezer bag, separated by squares of baking parchment, if you are not going to eat them right away
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 46.4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.2mg