I was inspired to try out peanut swirl brownies by a photo and recipe I saw on Pinterest by Love and Olive Oil. It looked absolutely delicious! So I decided to try my own slow cooker peanut swirl brownies.
Baking in the slow cooker is one of my favourite pastimes, it takes time but you can just leave it and get on with something else!
Armed with my inspiration, I set about to make my own version using a standard brownie recipe with added peanut swirl. I was pleased to see that my brownie batter with the peanut swirl topping looked wonderful even before cooking!
After an hour it looked like this, it has started to rise and bake around the edges:
When finished the peanut swirl brownies were fudgy with great flavour from the peanut butter.
Lovely to share for a naughty treat! The family loved this and I get a lot of requests to make it again.
Have a look at my other slow cooker baking recipes in my slow cooker archives.
I’ve also written all about baking in the slow cooker where you can find loads of tips for baking in a slow cooker along with tonnes of slow cooker baking recipes for cakes, scones, cookies, brownies, desserts, bread and much much more!
Subscribe too so you don’t miss a new recipe.
Fudgy brownie slices are delicious for dessert or with a cup of coffee for a naughty treat.
If you have to make these right now, make sure you keep scrolling down for the recipe!
Why not pin these slow cooker peanut swirl brownies for later:
Slow Cooker Peanut Swirl Brownies
For the brownies:
For the peanut butter swirl:
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 100 g smooth peanut butter
- 40 g icing sugar
- Chop the butter and chocolate up into small pieces and put in a bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the light brown sugar and eggs together for 3-5 minutes using an electric mixer, until it looks thick and creamy.
- Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mixture over the egg and sugar mixture and fold it in gently until completely mixed.
- Sieve in the flour and again fold in gently until completely incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Grease and line your slow cooker bowl with grease proof paper.
- Pour the brownie batter in.
- Mix the butter, peanut butter and icing sugar together in a small bowl, until smooth.
- Use a spoon to dollop it on top of the brownie batter.
- Swirl it together with the brownie batter with a knife.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours until just set in the centre. Allow to cool completely before using the baking paper to remove from the slow cooker.