This cake sounds so fresh and zingy, I had to try it. I love the combination of coconut and lime! I adapted the recipe from Cookie’s Cakes and Bakes here, with the lime drizzle omitted and the method adapted to the slow cooker.
The slow cooker coconut and lime cake came out lovely and moist, I would increase the lime zest next time, to make sure the flavour comes through well, and add a bit of lime juice as well.
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 175 g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 eggs
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 175 g self-raising flour
1. Grease and line your slow cooker crock, then beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the lime zest.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
4. Stir in the coconut.
5. Sift in the flour and fold in.
6. Pour into your greased, lined slow cooker bowl.
7. Cook on high for 3 hrs,or until a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.