Sugar and Crumbs recently sent me two new flavours of their naturally-flavoured icing sugars to try out. The first was Black Forest and with this I made Black Forest Cherry Friands. The second was Chocolate Milkshake which I knew straight away I would make into cookies! Read on for my recipe for chocolate milkshake cookies.
What else goes with chocolate milkshake but more chocolate and sprinkles…
I used a basic sugar cookie recipe and replaced the plain icing sugar with the chocolate milkshake flavour. It smells just like a creamy milkshake when you open it up which is a great sign.
These were very popular with my children and would be great for a party!
Chocolate milkshake cookiesPrint Rate
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter
- 80 g Chocolate Milkshake flavour icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dark chocolate and sprinkles to decorate
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a bowl and mix them together.
- Rub in butter with your fingertips until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and combine until it forms a dough. You may need to use your hands to bring the dough fully together.
- Roll the dough out and use cutters to cut out your desired shapes.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown and allow to cool.
- Melt some dark chocolate in the microwave and dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate. Immediately add the sprinkles and leave to set.