Chocolate Milkshake Cookies
Sugar and Crumbs recently sent me two new flavours of their naturally-flavoured icing sugars to try out. The first was Black Forest and with this I made Black Forest Cherry Friands. The second was Chocolate Milkshake which I knew straight away I would make into cookies! Read on for my recipe for chocolate milkshake cookies.
What else goes with chocolate milkshake but more chocolate and sprinkles…
I used a basic sugar cookie recipe and replaced the plain icing sugar with the chocolate milkshake flavour. It smells just like a creamy milkshake when you open it up which is a great sign.
Chocolate milkshake cookies
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter
- 80 g Chocolate Milkshake flavour icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dark chocolate and sprinkles to decorate
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a bowl and mix them together.
- Rub in butter with your fingertips until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and combine until it forms a dough. You may need to use your hands to bring the dough fully together.
- Roll the dough out and use cutters to cut out your desired shapes.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown and allow to cool.
- Melt some dark chocolate in the microwave and dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate. Immediately add the sprinkles and leave to set.
These were very popular with my children and would be great for a party!