Perfect for a cold night, slow cooker boozy salted caramel hot chocolate will warm you right up! I’ve used salted caramel liqueur but feel free to swap in Baileys or your preferred tipple. Perhaps Santa would like a mug of this on Christmas Eve?
One of the great things about making slow cooker hot chocolate is that it doesn’t boil over, stays warm till you need it, and you don’t need to stand over the hob watching it. So it is perfect for a Christmas party or for Christmas Eve when you have friends over.
The salted caramel liqueur adds a subtle caramel flavour to the hot chocolate, which doesn’t need to be sweetened too much as a result. I made this in my 1.5 litre slow cooker, it heated the mixture quickly and left my other slow cookers free. Great if you are having a party and making slow cooker pulled pork!
For more tasty drink ideas for this Christmas, why not check out:
- Cinnamon spiced French hot chocolate from Made with Pink
- Cheat’s iced salted caramel mocha from Fab Food 4 All
- Orange mulled wine from Recipes from a Pantry
- Vegan peppermint hot chocolate from Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen
Pin for later!
Slow Cooker Boozy Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 3 mugfuls of milk
- 3 tsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 25 ml salted caramel liqueur per serving
- Place the milk in your slow cooker.
- Mix the cocoa powder to a smooth, runny paste using a little extra milk. Add the cocoa powder paste to the milk in the slow cooker and stir. Add the sugar.
- Heat on low for 2 hours until piping hot.
- Add 1 measure (per mug of hot chocolate) of salted caramel liqueur before serving.