Hasn’t it been cold recently?! When it is chilly I think we all want to enjoy a hot pudding now and again, and we also crave comforting food from our childhood. Well that is certainly true for me anyway.
I remembered a packet of pudding rice I saw at the back of my store cupboard, and thought rice pudding would be just the thing.
Making it in the slow cooker instead of in the oven gives me more freedom to attempt to get the house in order while it cooks, and as you know I do like to put the slow cooker to good use at all times. Read on to find out how I made my creamy slow cooker rice pudding with Caramac!
The rice pudding itself is creamy and not too sweet, and I have added some Caramac buttons (caramel white chocolate) on top to add a taste of caramel, and then to serve you can drizzle more melted Caramac on top if you like.
The rice pudding forms that lovely skin as it cooks, which is my favourite bit of rice pudding. You can just stir it occasionally if you don’t want any skin. Plus the slow cooker is really easy to clean afterwards so no scrubbing to do.
If you need comfort food then this creamy slow cooker rice pudding is just the dessert for you, rich and creamy and caramel flavoured, and so easy to make.
I also make this plain without Caramac, and serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon. If you don’t like Caramac or caramel white chocolate you could also stir through dark or milk chocolate, cacao nibs, hazelnuts, raisins, the options are endless.
How to Make Rice Pudding in the Slow Cooker
- Measure out rice, milk and sugar.
- Place them in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Check out my Slow Cooker Archives for loads more puddings and slow cooker recipes and subscribe here to receive my posts by email and never miss a recipe. For more slow cooker baking and dessert recipes check out my guide to baking in a slow cooker too!
More Rice Pudding Recipes To Try
Other rice puddings recipes you will love from fellow food blogging friends:
- Mars Bar slow cooker rice pudding from Maison Cupcake
- Coconut slow cooker rice pudding from The Crafty Larder
- Vegan rice pudding with winter spiced berry compote from Veggie Desserts
Pin this creamy slow cooker rice pudding for later!
Creamy Slow Cooker Rice Pudding with Caramac
- 50 g pudding rice
- 500 ml milk I used semi-skimmed
- 25 g caster sugar
- 60 g Caramac buttons
- Place the pudding rice, milk and caster sugar in the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook for approx 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low, until the rice is soft and swollen.
- Add the Caramac buttons on top and stir through.
- To serve, if you wish you can melt more Caramac buttons and drizzle over the top. Serve warm.