I don’t know about you but even as a regular baker, pâtisserie makes me feel a bit daunted. Eclairs, macarons, croissants, and so on, all look and sound rather complicated to make. For me, as a busy mum, I never think I can devote enough time to trying out that kind of recipe.
So, I decided to challenge myself to try out some pâtisserie recipes to widen the scope of my baking. Kevin from The Crafty Larder is joining me in hosting our new monthly Perfecting Patisserie blog challenge and linky, where you can link up your pâtisserie bakes and join us as we perfect some new techniques.
Our definition of pâtisserie for the challenge is very wide and also includes viennoiserie e.g. croissants, pastries and so on. Anything you might find in a Pâtisserie cookbook is fine! There is no theme for this month, so do link up any pâtisserie recipes you post in May using the linky below, and check the guidelines below.
Perfecting Patisserie Challenge Guidelines
- Post your pâtisserie recipe on your blog.
- You can link up any pâtisserie or viennoiserie recipe. Sometimes there may be a special theme, so keep an eye out for that. If you’re not sure if your recipe is right for the challenge, just tweet me @bakingqueen74 to check.
- Use the Perfecting Patisserie badge (above) in your post and link back to me at BakingQueen74 and Kevin at The Crafty Larder.
- Please link up new blog posts only (not old).
- Use the linky below to enter.
- It’s fine to join in with other challenges as well if your entry meets their criteria, and you can enter up to 3 entries per month, per blog, if you like.
- The challenge will run until the 28th of each month. The hosting blog will post a full round up at the end of the month.
- On Twitter, tweet your entries to @bakingqueen74 and @thecraftylarder and use the hashtag #perfectingpatisserie and we will RT all we see.
- All entries will be pinned to a dedicated board on Pinterest.
- Please remember not to publish recipes from books etc on your blog without permission, to respect copyright. If you are using a recipe from a website, please link to the recipe.
[inlinkz_linkup id=520674 mode=1]