Last month we had the theme of Oranges and Lemons for the Slow Cooked Challenge, and you’ll find the March roundup over on Farmersgirl Kitchen now.
After Easter, filled with chocolate, hot cross buns and roast dinners in my case, I am craving lighter spring food and looking to the seasonal spring ingredients that are hitting the shops. So the theme for this month’s challenge is Spring Ingredients. You can use any Spring ingredient you like in your slow cooked recipe, whether you are tempted by blood oranges, wild garlic, Spring lamb, asparagus, purple sprouting broccoli, rhubarb, watercress or another seasonal ingredient! My slow cooker lamb with garlic and rosemary is a great Spring dish using seasonal ingredients for example.
To join in, just make a slow cooked recipe including your preferred Spring ingredient, whether you decide on a sweet or savoury recipe. I look forward to seeing your seasonal recipes!
Slow Cooked Challenge April
If you are not familiar with the Slow Cooked Challenge, it is a monthly blog challenge dedicated to making recipes using a Slow Cooker/Crockpot or by slow cooking in the oven, aga or other slow method of cooking. Each month there will be a theme e.g. soup, dessert, vegetarian or an open challenge.
This month the theme is SPRING INGREDIENTS.
If you would like to take part, then please:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen and BakingQueen74
- Use the Slow Cooked Challenge logo (above) in your post
- If you use Twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and we will re-tweet it to our followers AND post your picture on the dedicated Pinterest Board.
- A round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month and a round up will be posted on the host blog.
Cook and blog a recipe in line with the theme of the month and add your link to the Linky below:
[inlinkz_linkup id=620221 mode=1]