These thick and fluffy Nutella spelt pancakes would be perfect for Pancake Day on February 17th, or for your Valentine on February 14th if you are feeling generous enough to share.
Go wild, you could even make them heart-shaped if you so desire. The Nutella gives the pancakes a lovely colour and of course a delicious taste. Even unadorned they are delicious.
I used spelt flour in this recipe so the pancakes alone could even possibly be classed as healthy!
They are so quick to make and can be reheated if you want to make them in advance.
We really enjoyed these Nutella pancakes. Definitely on our list for Pancake Day.
Go over the top with the toppings, for Easter you can even add Cadbury Creme Eggs on there too with the melted chocolate.
Pin these Nutella pancakes for later on Pinterest!!
Nutella Spelt Pancakes
- 100 g spelt flour or use plain
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 175 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 30 g butter
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Keep a little of the milk back, then in a jug, combine the egg and rest of the milk.
- Place the Nutella in a small bowl, and pour on the milk you saved.
- Microwave the Nutella and milk for about 30 seconds until the Nutella is soft and can be mixed into the milk.
- Spoon the warm Nutella mixture into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Pour in the egg and milk and mix well until smooth.
- Pour the pancake batter into a plastic bottle with a nozzle if you have one (if not just spoon the mix carefully into the hot pan when ready).
- Heat a frying pan and add a small amount of butter (or coconut oil).
- When the pan is hot, pour or spoon in the pancake mixture to make two or three small pancakes at a time.
- Reduce the heat once the mixture is in the pan. After a couple of minutes, the edges will be firm and you can turn the pancakes.
- Cook them on the other side for another minute or so.
- Remove the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat until the pancake batter is used up.
- Serve warm, spread on more Nutella if you are a real addict, or drizzle on melted chocolate, raspberry/strawberry sauce, salted caramel sauce, whatever takes your fancy!