The coming of autumn seems to make me crave chocolate. I must resist! My last four blog posts all feature chocolate. Must try harder!
In the meantime, these slow cooker cream cheese brownies really did hit the spot. 🙂
I took them out with quite a wobble still in the centre, as I like it this way, but you could also cook this until the brownies are firm in the middle if you prefer.
I liked the way the gooey parts contrasted with the soft cakey parts around the edge. So droolworthy!
I cooked this in a large slow cooker (5.7 litre) in a silicone pan, but you could also make them directly in a smaller slow cooker e.g. a 3.5 litre. Just remember to grease the pot and line it with baking paper or a cake case so it is easy to remove.
More slow cooker desserts
Check out my post all about baking in a slow cooker for loads more slow cooker brownies, cakes, desserts, fudge recipes.
Baking in the slow cooker is one of my favourite pastimes, so make sure you also look through my slow cooker archives for loads more slow cooker desserts (and main meals).
Enjoy as part of a calorie controlled diet! 😉
Pin this slow cooker cream cheese brownies recipe for later:
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownies
- 190 g butter softened
- 250 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 75 g self raising flour
- 75 g milk chocolate chopped
- 125 g Philadelphia
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon or whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the Philadelphia with 3 tsp of caster sugar until soft.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a silicon (or metapan in a larger slow cooker, or for a smaller slow cooker e.g. 3.5 litre, pour it into your slow cooker pot lined with baking paper and greased in case any mixture escapes.
- Dot the sugared Philadelphia on top and marble it with a knife.
- Put the lid on, and cook on high for approx. 1-2 hours until firm round the edges with a wobble left in the middle. Or cook until completely firm if you like your brownies without the gooey-ness.