Slow Cooker Easter Egg Fudge
Mini eggs, Creme eggs, Golden caramel eggs, Daim and Oreo creme eggs, the shelves of the supermarkets are full of Easter chocolates right now.
Why not make some slow cooker Easter egg fudge using your favourite Easter eggs? It’s bound to go down well as an Easter treat and is also a good way to use up those large chocolate Easter eggs.
Using your slow cooker to melt your fudge ingredients is easy and safer than using a pan if you have eager small hands helping you.
I’ve included instructions for making this fudge in the microwave too in case you aren’t a slow cooker user!
If you are a slow cooker fan, check out my guide to baking and making puddings in your slow cooker, and you’ll also find all my other slow cooker recipes in my Recipe Index. There are loads there so bound to be something that catches your eye!
You can also subscribe by email so you don’t miss a post too!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Creme eggs are a particular favourite of mine so I’ve included them in my chocolate fudge. You could use all Creme eggs or all mini eggs if you like, rather than a mixture, whatever you prefer.
I liked the added crunch from the mini eggs in their crispy shells! If you too are a Creme egg addict you might like to try my slow cooker Creme egg chocolate cake, Creme egg chocolate ganache tart, and Creme egg chocolate cookie bars too!
To make the fudge in the microwave, put the chocolate (broken up) and condensed milk in a bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds 3-4 times, stirring in between each blast.
Once melted together, follow the instructions in the recipe above.
More Creme Egg Recipes
For the latest Creme egg inspiration from food bloggers, how about:
- Creme egg Scottish tablet from Foodie Quine
- Creme egg Easter fondue from Fuss Free Flavours
- Chocolate and banana Creme egg surprise muffins from Searching for Spice
Pin me for later on Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Easter Egg Fudge
- 330 g chocolate I used half white chocolate and half 72% dark chocolate
- 300 g condensed milk
- 60 g Cadbury mini eggs half chopped, half whole
- 60 g Galaxy golden (caramel) eggs half chopped, half whole
- 4 mini Cadbury creme eggs chopped in half
- 75 g icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate (in pieces) and the condensed milk together in the slow cooker, without the lid on. Stir occasionally. As soon as it is melted together and smooth, take the pot out of the slow cooker. This takes approx 30-40 minutes in my slow cooker.
- Tip in the icing sugar and beat well until it is fully mixed in.
- Stir in the chopped eggs (I used half of the mini and golden eggs which I had already cut in half).
- Pour the mixture into a small, shallow baking tray lined with baking paper. I poured mine into one side of a thin tray. Smooth over the top.
- Press the remaining eggs plus the halved Creme eggs into the top of the fudge.
- Place the tray in the fridge overnight to set.
- Cut into pieces using a sharp knife.