Smoothies make such a quick and easy breakfast. I love it when I can whizz up some fruit with yoghurt, milk or almond milk and be ready to go. It’s a great way of getting an extra portion of fruit in as well. This blackcurrant and blueberry smoothie is a tasty one to start the day.
At the moment it is the summer holidays and children across the land are at home. Grabbing a quick smoothie in the morning sets you up for the day with a portion of fruit already in there. My kids enjoy making smoothies too, so you can make a mini activity out of it.
You might be surprised to see a smoothie recipe on this blog, seeing as I often post recipes for cakes and slow cooker bakes. Well it is summer after all and a girl can’t live on cake alone (sadly)! Summer fruits are just so plentiful right now, I usually have a pack of blueberries at least in the fridge, as well as some natural or Greek yoghurt, and why not use them in a smoothie for a change. In the summer too it is time to make healthier choices and a smoothie is a good breakfast choice to make, whether you have it on the side with a larger meal to start the day or on its own.
Blackcurrant and Blueberry Smoothie
- 50 g blueberries
- 40 g blackcurrants
- 150 g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 50-100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- Whizz in blender and enjoy. Serves one, increase the quantities to make more portions.
If you like my blackcurrant and blueberry smoothie, here are some other smoothies you might enjoy:
- Hydrating strawberry and banana smoothie from Celery and Cupcakes
- Raspberry and mango smoothie with chia seeds from Supper in the Suburbs
- Strawberry, blackcurrant and coconut water smoothie from Foodie Quine
- Watermelon smoothie from Eats Amazing
- Berry and rose kefir smoothie from Tin and Thyme
Pin it for later: