Focaccia is great in the summer to have as an accompaniment to your light meals, barbecues and salads. I thought I’d add sweet blackcurrants instead and treat it almost like a fruity pizza. Blackcurrant focaccia is a lovely treat to use up that summer fruit.
This was delicious for breakfast, picnic lunch and afternoon tea! I only managed this single photo before it was attacked and disappeared before my eyes….
Pin this blackcurrant focaccia for later!
- olive oil, for drizzling fine sea salt
- 500 g strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 sachet dried yeast
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400 ml cold water
- sunflower oil to drizzle over
- caster sugar to sprinkle over
- 300 g ripe blackcurrants washed
- Make up your dough, leave to rise, then oil a baking sheet and press the focaccia into a flat oval or rectangle.
- Drizzle with sunflower oil, drop on the blackcurrants and press them down lightly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 200 degrees or until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over a couple of spoonfuls of caster sugar.