Chocolate, Almond and Blueberry Cake
Blueberries go down very well in my house at all times, my children love them. In this case they were even more popular with me, because they were in a chocolate, almond and blueberry cake.
Perfect for the summer to enjoy summer berries in a different way.
I do enjoy using coconut oil in cakes instead of butter, you get a hint of coconut flavour as well as the health benefits of coconut oil, with the same results as with butter.
Also, creaming coconut oil and sugar together is much easier and you don’t need to remember to remove the butter from the fridge in advance.
This cake was delicious dusted with icing sugar and topped with more blueberries. Raspberries would be nice with it too.
On the side it would go well with ice cream or even clotted cream. Perfect for a quick afternoon treat!
More Cake Recipes
For more cake ideas using chocolate and/or summer fruit, check these out:
- Five minute no butter chocolate cherry cake from Maison Cupcake
- Chocolate lavender cake from Tin and Thyme
- Chocolate and salted caramel cake from Munchies and Munchkins
Pin for later
Chocolate, almond and blueberry cake
- 160 g coconut oil
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 40 g ground almonds
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g blueberries
- Cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
- Break in the eggs one by one, and mix each in well.
- Fold in the flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder and baking powder until just mixed.
- Add the blueberries, mix gently, then scrape the mixture into a deep eight inch silicone pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees for thirty minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool. Dust with icing sugar, top with more blueberries and enjoy.
I’m sending this cake over to Tin and Thyme for We Should Cocoa, which has the theme of blueberries this month. I hope Choclette will excuse my late entry! 🙂
Also linking up with the new #CookBlogShare hosted this week by Snap Happy Bakes
Also linking up with #recipeoftheweek