Following on from my last giant cookie made in my slow cooker, I decided to make a very chocolatey one with strawberries. Yum! Read on for my recipe for a slow cooker double chocolate chip cookie with strawberries!
This double chocolate chip cookie is perfect for sharing and makes a fun treat to bake with your children.
They will love to get involved and help with the weighing out and mixing for this recipe.
Or why not make one for your Valentine, I am sure they couldn’t resist this giant cookie!
For the quantities just refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
plain flour – always use plain flour for cookies, as you don’t want them to rise too much
cocoa powder – for that rich chocolate colour and flavour
baking powder – you want the cookie to rise a little so it isn’t hard and doughy.
butter – I always use unsalted butter in baking. Make sure you leave it at room temperature ready for this recipe.
caster sugar – or use granulated sugar if needed, you can whizz it in a food processor to make granulated into caster sugar.
dark brown sugar – this adds flavour to the cookie, as dark brown sugar adds a toffee flavour.
vanilla extract – adds a lovely vanilla flavour
fresh strawberries – I like the way strawberries add a freshness to all the chocolate!
chocolate chips – I use either dark or milk, depending on what I have in the cupboard.
Step by step
- Make up your cookie dough.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the softened butter with the two sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, then bring the dough together with your hands until the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Line the base your slow cooker dish with baking parchment and grease the sides with butter.
- Press the dough into the lined pot.
- Cook on low for three hours.
- Remove the lid and keep cooking for the last half hour.
- To tell when it is ready: the sides will start to come away from the pot when the cookie is ready, and the top will still look a bit moist, but it will harden on cooling so this will be fine.
- Leave the cookie to cool and harden and then remove it from the slow cooker in one piece, slice and enjoy.
- This recipe fits a 3.5 l slow cooker, I recommend doubling the quantities for a larger one. If using a smaller slow cooker, the cookie will be quite thick and won’t harden as well.
A delicious, thick chocolate cookie with chunks of chocolate and fresh strawberries! Bake in your slow cooker and enjoy the cookie for a delicious dessert. No need to heat up the kitchen or watch the oven to avoid burning if you use the slow cooker.
Slice this up and enjoy it warm with cream or cold with a cuppa. Your kids will love baking this with you too!
More to try
If you like my slow cooker giant strawberry and chocolate chunk cookie, for loads more slow cooker baking recipes, including my slow cooker chocolate orange stuffed cookie, don’t miss my Slow Cooker Archives and guide to baking in a slow cooker.
I am always publishing new slow cooker and baking recipes, subscribe and don’t miss a post.
For another Valentine treat these strawberry and champagne truffle tarts from Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen are a delight!
Pin this for later!
Slow Cooker Giant Strawberry and Chocolate Chunk Cookie
- 150 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 115 g butter, at room temp
- 75 g caster sugar
- 60 g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 75 g fresh strawberries chopped
- 100 g milk chocolate chunks
- Grease the pot of your slow cooker and line the base with an oval of grease-proof paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- It might look a bit dry but get your hands in and work it together so that it comes together like dough. When it is the right consistency the sides of the bowl will be clean.
- Stir in the strawberries. I had to do this with my hands to mix them in.
- Also add the chocolate chunks and mix through.
- Press the mixture into the sc bowl, onto the grease proof paper. Press it into the sides so it is even.
- Cook on low for around 3.5 hours. For the last half hour leave the lid ajar.
- The sides will start to come away from the pot when it is ready, and the top will still look a bit moist, but it will harden on cooling.
- Then take the pot out of the slow cooker and leave it to cool. When the pot is cool you can remove the cookie by turning the pot upside down and tapping on the bottom. Catch it on your hand then invert onto a cooling rack.