Slow Cooker Chocolate Orange Stuffed Cookie
A simple and oh so tasty recipe for a slow cooker Chocolate Orange stuffed cookie!
Terry’s Chocolate Orange, stuffed inside cookie dough. Baked in the slow cooker – just set it and forget it for a couple of hours. Or bake the normal way too if slow cookers aren’t your thing.
You only need a few minutes to make the cookie dough, then you are ready to add the Chocolate Orange (or your favourite chocolate bar).
Ideal for sharing with your nearest and dearest, and fun to make with kids too. Bite through the cookie which is crunchy around the edges and soft in the middle, and find chunks of creamy chocolate orange.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my posts so you never miss a recipe, and get them straight into your inbox. You might also like my post about baking in the slow cooker with loads of great recipes, including more slow cooker giant cookies!
Slow cooker chocolate orange stuffed cookie recipe:
- 120 g unsalted butter, softened
- 65 g soft light brown sugar
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200 g plain flour (I used golden wholegrain)
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 g milk chocolate chips
- 1 Terry’s chocolate orange (you will only use half)
- Place the butter and two different sugars in a large bowl. Beat together with a wooden spoon (or mixer) until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla bean paste and beat well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to come together.
- Add three quarters of the chocolate chips and mix into the dough.
- Line your slow cooker pot with a few sheets of baking paper, at different angles to each other.
- Place half of the dough in the slow cooker pot on top of the baking paper. Press the dough down into the base of the pot so you have a flat layer.
- Break the chocolate orange into pieces and place around half of it on top of the cookie dough.
- Put the rest of the cookie dough on top of the chocolate orange pieces and press the dough down so the edges are sealed.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place a clean tea towel under the lid of your slow cooker, fold the sides of the tea towel up over the lid, and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for approx. 2 hours, or until the edges of the cookie are firm and the centre is still a little soft.
- Using the edges of the baking paper, remove the cookie from the slow cooker and place it on a cooling rack to cool. It will harden as it cools.
- When totally cool, cut into slices and serve.
Note: I made this recipe in my 3.5 litre oval slow cooker. If using a larger slow cooker you will need to increase the quantities.
You might also like vegan oatmeal peanut butter cookies from Planet Veggie, easy muesli cookies from Family Friends Food, cinnamon freezer cookies from The Hedge Combers and chocolate fudge cookies from Munchies and Munchkins.
Pin my slow cooker chocolate orange stuffed cookie for later!