A simple and oh so tasty recipe for a slow cooker Chocolate Orange stuffed cookie! Cookie dough filled with chocolate chips and segments of Chocolate Orange.
Terry’s Chocolate Orange, stuffed inside cookie dough.
Baked in the slow cooker – just set it and forget it for a couple of hours. Or bake the normal way too if slow cookers aren’t your thing.
You only need a few minutes to make the cookie dough, then you are ready to add the Chocolate Orange (or your favourite chocolate bar).
Bite through the soft cookie to the chocolate layer beneath!
Ideal for sharing with your nearest and dearest, and fun to make with kids too. Bite through the cookie which is crunchy around the edges and soft in the middle, and find chunks of creamy chocolate orange.
BAKING IN A SLOW COOKER
You might also like my post about baking in the slow cooker with loads of great recipes, including more slow cooker giant cookies!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my posts so you never miss a recipe, and get them straight into your inbox.
Read on to find out how on earth you make a chocolate orange stuffed cookie in a slow cooker!!
HOW TO MAKE A STUFFED COOKIE IN A SLOW COOKER
First make up your cookie dough. I don’t know about you but I could just eat it like that!
Then press the half of the dough onto sheets of baking parchment inside your slow cooker, so you have a flat even layer. This will be the bottom layer.
You’ll be adding the chocolate in the centre next.
Next add a layer of chocolate orange segments on top of the cookie dough layer. So delicious!
Next you’ll hide those lovely orange segments under more cookie dough.
Top with the rest of the cookie dough and add more chocolate chips on top.
You can never have too many chocolate chips right!
Bake with a tea towel under the lid to catch the drips. Otherwise you will get a soggy cookie.
Once baked, slice and enjoy.
You might also like vegan oatmeal peanut butter cookies from Planet Veggie, easy muesli cookies from Family Friends Food, cinnamon freezer cookies from The Hedge Combers and chocolate fudge cookies from Munchies and Munchkins.
Pin my slow cooker chocolate orange stuffed cookie for later!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Orange Stuffed Cookie
- Place the butter and two different sugars in a large bowl. Beat together with a wooden spoon (or mixer) until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla bean paste and beat well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to come together.
- Add three quarters of the chocolate chips and mix into the dough.
- Line your slow cooker pot with a few sheets of baking paper, at different angles to each other.
- Place half of the dough in the slow cooker pot on top of the baking paper. Press the dough down into the base of the pot so you have a flat layer.
- Break the chocolate orange into pieces and place around half of it on top of the cookie dough.
- Put the rest of the cookie dough on top of the chocolate orange pieces and press the dough down so the edges are sealed.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place a clean tea towel under the lid of your slow cooker, fold the sides of the tea towel up over the lid, and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for approx. 2 hours, or until the edges of the cookie are firm and the centre is still a little soft.
- Using the edges of the baking paper, remove the cookie from the slow cooker and place it on a cooling rack to cool. It will harden as it cools.
- When totally cool, cut into slices and serve.