Slow cooker candy cane fudge is perfect for the festive season. If you are generous enough to part with it, why not give it as handmade Christmas gifts.
Chocolate fudge is great for homemade gifts at Christmas time. Easy to make and tasty!
Simply cut your fudge into pieces and put it in a pretty cardboard box or cellophane bag and you have a great gift for friends, neighbours and teachers, or a treat for the Christmas break.
The peppermint candy canes are chopped and placed on top of the fudge before it sets.
If you really want a peppermint hit from your fudge you could add a small amount of peppermint extract to the fudge when melting it together too.
I’ve used dark chocolate for a really rich chocolate flavour in my candy cane fudge.
More fudge to try
For more fudge ideas, here are some from other bloggers:
- Rocky road fudge from Fab Food 4 All
- Rum and sultana fudge from United Cakedom
- Chocolate peanut butter cup fudge from Kerry Cooks
- Bailey’s, pistachio and cranberry fudge from Foodie Quine
Let me know if you try out this fudge this Christmas. I love to hear from you so leave me a comment if you have a question.
More Christmas recipes
Make sure you check out my Christmas slow cooker roundup full of edible gifts, sweet treats, Christmas dinner recipes and more, all made in your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Candy Cane Fudge
- Melt the chocolate in the slow cooker with the condensed milk. Set your slow cooker on high and do not put the lid on. Stir occasionally.
- Once it is smooth and silky and melted together, you can take it out. This took approximately 45 minutes in my slow cooker.
- Sieve in the icing sugar and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray or loaf tin lined with baking paper. Smooth the top of the fudge with the back of a hot metal spoon. Scatter the chopped candy canes on top.
- Put the tray or tin in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours, for the fudge to set.
- Remove from the fridge, and use a sharp knife to cut the fudge into pieces.
Linking up with We Should Cocoa from Tin and Thyme, hosted this month by Munchies and Munchkins. This month the theme is Christmas!