This slow cooker chilli lime chicken recipe is packed with red chilli and lime for Mexican flavours which make this dish so adaptable, serve it with rice or tacos or as pulled chicken.
Throw a few store-cupboard ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning, and return to the house later on to a meal which is ready to eat. It doesn’t get easier than that.
Simply steam some rice (or use the microwave rice packs which are very convenient) and add some green veggies and you are ready to go.
My slow cooker chilli lime chicken really is as easy as that. Full of flavour and a rainbow of colour in your pot. If you are short on time, like we all are nowadays, you can still have a delicious, home-cooked meal.
I’m all for shortcuts to a healthy meal when I am busy at work and running around with my kids. With slow cooker dishes like this, me and my husband can have a tasty meal waiting for us in the evening, with little or no effort. When I last made this recently, it was a very cold day, and the zingy flavours were just what I needed.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my slow cooker chicken saag curry, slow cooker chickpea and paneer curry or my slow cooker chicken pasanda curry. Look out too for my slow cooker Malaysian vegetable curry.
If you love Mexican flavours then Recipes from a Pantry has you covered with her dump and start Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa.
Slow Cooker Chilli Lime Chicken
- 1 red onion diced finely
- 1 tsp lazy garlic or 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lazy ginger chopped, or 2 cm ginger, chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped finely
- 9 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice and zest of half a lime
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 chicken breasts
- fresh coriander and lime juice to serve
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken breasts together in a bowl.
- Oil the slow cooker pot lightly to prevent sticking.
- Place three chicken breasts in the pot and the other ingredients on top, mix to cover.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hrs or low for 5-6.