This is just what you need if you are looking for a warming dish for autumn and winter. Slow cooked brisket, tender and falling to shreds, mixed with yellow chillies, amarillo chilli sauce and taco beans to create slow cooker brisket chilli with delicious flavours reminiscent of South America.
Chilli with brisket
This brisket chilli is midly spiced with a lovely mellow flavour and great for serving with rice and veggies or in wraps with shredded cheese! We love brisket of beef especially slow cooked as it becomes just so tender when cooked slowly. Brisket is a great joint for long slow cooking as it helps that tough piece of meat tenderise beautifully.
Chilli con carne (or chili if you are in the USA) made from shredded brisket instead of minced beef (also known as ground beef in the USA) is a great way to change up that family favourite dish which is often on the weekly meal plan. My version of brisket chilli is less saucy than a beef mince version but still with loads of flavour.
Amarillo (meaning yellow in Spanish) chillies are hot but in this recipe I use jarred pickled yellow chillies which are much milder due to the pickling. You can use fresh yellow chillies or the usual red chillies if you want a hotter chilli.
The yellow chilli sauce is hot though, check the heat and adjust the amount as needed to suit your tastes.
How to make slow cooker brisket chilli
Brown the brisket on all sides before placing in the slow cooker.
Cook on low all day.
Once tender, shred the meat then continue to cook with the yellow chillis and beans.
Ready to serve, the brisket has mingled with the chilli and taco beans flavours, and the final dish is full of flavour! Serve it with rice and sour cream. Leftovers are excellent on a baked potato, in tacos or topping a pizza!
More to try
If you are now in the mood to try more flavourful slow cooked dishes, why not try these:
Pin my slow cooker brisket chilli recipe for later!
Slow Cooker Brisket Chilli
- 850 g beef brisket
- 1 rich beef stockpot (or stock cube)
- 200 ml hot water from the kettle
- 3-4 capfuls amarillo chilli sauce I used Encona
- 2 tbsp mild pickled yellow chillies sold in a jar
- 300 g taco beans in spicy tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- First, sear the brisket on all sides in a hot pan, then place it in your slow cooker. Add the beef stockpot and hot water and cook on high for 4-5 hours, until tender.
- After the 4-5 hours, remove the brisket from the slow cooker and place it on a large plate. Shred the meat using two forks.
- Remove half of the beef stock from the slow cooker and place the shredded brisket back in.
- Add the Amarillo chilli sauce, the yellow chillies, the taco beans in spicy tomato sauce and the tomato purée. Combine and cook on high for 1 hour
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs, with boiled rice and flatbreads.