This is a delicious strawberry loaf cake filled with chunks of strawberry and decorated with a white chocolate drizzle, perfect for a special occasion or for weekday baking!
Loaf cakes are perfect for everyday and you can go a bit mad with the decorations if you want to make it a bit more special.
Here I have strawberries on top, drizzles of melted white chocolate and a few added chocolate curls.
With all that strawberry this could be an easy Valentine cake to make for your loved one as well!
Inside the cake is soft and filled with chunks of strawberry. So delicious and great to share.
One great thing about loaf cakes is they are so quick to prepare, unlike a full celebration cake you can get a loaf cake in the oven in about ten minutes!
This strawberry loaf cake is so easy to make, using the creaming method to first mix together the sugar and softened butter, then add the eggs, then fold in the flour.
At this point I add in the chunks of strawberry too, stirring them through the cake mixture.
More loaf cakes
If you want to try more simple loaf cakes, why not try:
- Redcurrant and Orange Loaf Cake
- Courgette and Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
- Cranberry and Orange Loaf Cake with Mulled Orange Icing
- Chocolate Loaf Cake with Maltesers
- Jane’s Patisserie’s Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake
Strawberry Loaf Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 180 g caster sugar
- 180 g butter softened
- 4 medium eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp strawberry cordial optional
- 3 large strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 100 g white chocolate broken up and melted
- 2-3 large strawberries sliced
- decorations as desired
- Grease and line a large (900 g) loaf tin.
- Cream the sugar into the butter until it is very soft.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add the strawberry cordial and stir in.
- Next, sift in the flour and fold it in.
- Add the chopped strawberries and mix them in so they are well distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Use a cake tester or skewer to check the centre is cooked as the added cordial makes a runnier mixture than usual. Cover the top with foil if it is getting too dark.
- Leave the loaf to cool completely.
- When ready to decorate the cooled cake, slice some strawberries and place them on top. Then melt the white chocolate and use a piping bag to drizzle it over the cake from side to side.
- Finish with a scattering of strawberry chocolate curls.