If you want a cake that would be great for Valentine’s Day without any hearts in sight, this could be the cake for you! Soft and delicious cake with chunks of strawberry, topped with more strawberries and covered in white chocolate and strawberry chocolate curls will certainly make your loved ones feel special. Make a strawberry loaf cake with white chocolate drizzle for your Valentine!
Strawberry Loaf Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 180 g caster sugar
- 180 g butter softened
- 4 medium eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp strawberry cordial I used Edward's Strawberry and Mint Cordial
- 3 large strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 100 g white chocolate broken up and melted
- 2-3 large strawberries sliced
- handful of strawberry chocolate curls I got mine from Iced Jems
- Grease and line a large (900 g) loaf tin.
- Cream the sugar into the butter until it is very soft.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add the strawberry cordial and stir in.
- Next, sift in the flour and fold it in.
- Add the chopped strawberries and mix them in so they are well distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Use a cake tester or skewer to check the centre is cooked as the added cordial makes a runnier mixture than usual. Cover the top with foil if it is getting too dark.
- Leave the loaf to cool completely.
- When ready to decorate the cooled cake, slice some strawberries and place them on top. Then melt the white chocolate and use a piping bag to drizzle it over the cake from side to side.
- Finish with a scattering of strawberry chocolate curls.
Linking up with Jibber Jabber and the Love Cake challenge, this month with the theme For the Love of Cake! This cake includes the summer fruit I love the most (strawberries) and would be perfect for your Valentine.