These blackberry, lemon and white chocolate scones were a quick bake we made to use up some blackberries we picked the other day once again at our local pick-your-own farm. Picking fruit and veg has definitely been one of our favourite activities this summer! Baking is also an activity that I love to do with my kids, and that they enjoy too. Can’t think why!
Scones are one of my favourite things to bake as they are so quick and easy, you can be eating them within half an hour. Perfect for an afternoon snack or a quick breakfast on the go if you are feeling naughty.
- 225 g self raising flour
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 25 g caster sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 100 g blackberries
- 50 g white chocolate
- 1 tsp lemon oil (or you could use lemon zest too)
- Milk for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Place the flour in a bowl, and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar then the milk to make a soft dough.
- Add the blackberries, white chocolate and lemon oil or lemon zest and mix gently. It will be very soft, if needed add more flour to make a consistency you can roll out and cut using a cutter.
- Roll the dough out and cut out 6 large scones using a cutter.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet and brush with milk.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.
- Leave to cool on a tray and enjoy warm or cold.