These blackberry, lemon and white chocolate scones were a quick bake we made to use up some blackberries we picked the other day once again at our local pick-your-own farm.
Picking fruit and veg has definitely been one of our favourite activities this summer! Baking is also an activity that I love to do with my kids, and that they enjoy too. Can’t think why!
Scones are one of my favourite things to bake as they are so quick and easy, you can be eating them within half an hour.
Perfect for an afternoon snack or a quick breakfast on the go if you are feeling naughty.
Scones are the traditional afternoon tea recipe and the added blackberry and lemon make these even better!
The recipe is a traditional scone recipe with added blackberries, white chocolate chunks and flavoured with lemon oil. You can also use lemon zest in place of the lemon oil if you don’t have that.
The dough is pretty soft so you need to use a cutter to cut them out. For a nice brown crust brush with a little milk before baking.
Pin these scones for later
The theme this month is blackberries.
Have a look for lots of blackberry inspiration!
Blackberry, lemon and white chocolate scones
- 225 g self raising flour
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 25 g caster sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 100 g blackberries
- 50 g white chocolate
- 1 tsp lemon oil or lemon zest
- milk for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the flour in a bowl, and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar then the milk to make a soft dough.
- Add the blackberries, white chocolate and lemon oil or lemon zest and mix gently. It will be very soft, if needed add more flour to make a consistency you can roll out and cut using a cutter.
- Roll the dough out and cut out 6 large scones using a cutter.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet and brush with milk.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.
- Leave to cool on a tray and enjoy warm or cold.