It is half term so an easy bake was on the cards for this weeks Great British Bake Off bake! A fruit savarin with chocolate work and caramel or fondant fancies didn’t seem to fit that description so I decided on palmiers.
Sweet palmiers are my preference rather than savoury so my very easy cranberry and pistachio palmiers were the result! So simple to make and perfect for Christmas too.
Buttery puff pastry with sweet cranberries and the crunch of pistachios, they are very moreish.
The tray is going to be empty at this rate as they keep being stolen from the kitchen.
First step and the colours are looking great already. So festive, getting in the mood for Christmas right now!
How to Make Palmiers
These are ready for baking in five minutes flat! Making the shape is as simple as rolling the pastry up from each side to the centre.
So start to roll on one long edge, but stop when you reach the centre, then do the same from the other side.
Once baked, a dusting of icing sugar and you are all set!
More Palmier Recipes
For more palmier recipes, you might like:
- apple and cinnamon palmiers from Casa Costello
- 2-ingredient Nutella palmiers from Supper in the Suburbs
- Very Christmassy 20 minute marzipan mince palmiers from Casa Costello
Pin my easy cranberry and pistachio palmiers for later:
Easy Cranberry and Pistachio Palmiers
- 375 g sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100 g pistachios shelled and chopped
- 100 g cranberries
- 1 beaten egg for egg wash
- icing sugar to dust
- Spread the cranberries and chopped pistachios over the pastry sheet. Roll them in gently with a rolling pin.
- Roll up tightly along one of the long sides, to the centre, then start again at the other side and do the same again to make the classic palmier shape.
- If you have time, chill now. I didn't have time and they turned out fine I thought so don't worry too much if you don't have time.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 cm pieces. Place on baking tray.
- Brush the egg wash over the pastry.
- Bake at 200 degrees fan for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve!
Disclosure: Tesco provided a voucher towards my bake and I bought my ingredients at Tesco. All opinions are my own.
Linking up with Great Bloggers Bake Off with Mummy Mishaps