I made these oaty no-bake bars for packed lunches and to take to work. Great for a quick healthy-ish snack, and made with ingredients from your kitchen cupboards, they are so easy to prepare.
Oaty No-Bake Bars
- 100 g rolled oats
- 40 g dessicated coconut
- 25 g dried apricots chopped
- 140 g almond butter or peanut, cashew butter etc (I used almond butter from My Protein
- 4-5 tsp runny honey
- 40 g chocolate melted
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate in a large bowl.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the mixture into the tin.
- Chill in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan on low heat or in a bowl in the microwave, and drizzle over the chilled mixture.
- Place back into the fridge until the chocolate has set then cut into bars.
My kids also love these after school and it keeps them going without being full of sugar. Great in my books. So easy to make as no baking is needed so you can just mix the ingredients together then chill and you’re done. Also simple to throw together on the weekend for the week ahead if you are planning your meals.
Pin for later!!
I am joining in with We Should Cocoa with Choclette from Tin and Thyme which has the theme of no-bake this month.