Rich, gooey and indulgent, Slow Cooker Marshmallow Brownies are just the best!
The marshmallows melt into the centre of the brownies, making them even more gooey and sticky, then you melt some more marshmallowy on top for a chewy layer to bite through.
Brownies are the perfect bake to make in a slow cooker, they are fudgy and dense and of course you can forget about them for a couple of hours.
Line your slow cooker with parchment/baking paper, and add a cloth/tea towel under the lid to catch drips and moisture, and your slow cooker is ready for baking.
Slow cooker marshmallow brownies taste great and are so easy to bake.
These are perfect for baking with kids too. Mine really love slow cooker baking and there is much less risk of them burning themselves.
Cut yourself a square and enjoy with a coffee. Share with your friends and work colleagues and you’ll be popular!
They would be great for a school or workplace bake sale too.
Pin slow cooker marshmallow brownies for later!!
Slow Cooker Marshmallow Brownies
- 125 g butter
- 125 g dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- 2 medium eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 60 g plain flour
- 10 large marshmallows cut in half
- Chop the butter and chocolate up into small pieces and put in a bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the caster sugar and eggs together for 3-5 minutes using an electric mixer, until it looks thick and creamy.
- Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mixture over the egg and sugar mixture and fold it in gently until completely mixed.
- Sieve in the cocoa powder and flour and again fold in gently until completely incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Grease and line your slow cooker bowl with grease proof paper.
- Pour the brownie batter in.
- Add about 6 of the marshmallows, in pieces, on top.
- Cook on high for 1.5 to 2 hours or until just set in the centre. See my note below regarding cooking time.
- Half way through, add the rest of the marshmallows on top (the others will have sunk/melted into the brownies).
- Allow to cool completely before using the baking paper to remove from the slow cooker.