A delicious and easy bake, why not make a batch of slow cooker chocolate chip scones? They’ll go down well with the whole family and if you bake in the slow cooker it costs less than baking in the main oven. Its a win-win situation!
An ideal breakfast to wake up with, whether on the weekend or on a weekday when you need a bit of a treat!
Baking in your crockpot
Slow cooker baking is something I enjoy a lot. Normal baking too, but this way fits into my busy life a bit better!
These chocolate chip scones are quick and easy to make, and if you are a real slow cooker aficionado you can make your main meal in one slow cooker, and an easy dessert in another at the same time.
Subscribe to my posts and you’ll never miss a recipe, plus you’ll get a slow cooker cheat sheet with all my best tips!
You’ll probably also like to look through my slow cooker archives where you can find all my slow cooker desserts and baking recipes.
How to make scones in your crockpot
Get the full recipe at the bottom of the post – see the recipe card below.
If you look at your slow cooker as being a pot like a Dutch oven or cast iron casserole dish it helps. Your dough will bake with the contact with the walls of your slow cooker.
So for this recipe for slow cooker scones you make up your scone dough the normal way, i.e. place the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture is the texture of rough breadcrumbs. Stir in the milk. Stir in your filling (chocolate chips).
Form the dough into a round, score the top.
Line your slow cooker with a cake case (as shown in the photo above) or with baking parchment.
Place the dough on the case/parchment.
Cook on high for around 1.5 hours or until a knife or skewer poked into the centre comes out clean. Make sure you use a dish towel under the lid to stop water from dripping on top of the scone.
The scones are very tasty with a cup of tea. Enjoy for breakfast too!
More scone recipes to try
If you like these slow cooker chocolate chip scones, you might also like these:
More Christmas recipes for your slow cooker
Make sure you check out my Christmas slow cooker post full of edible gifts, sweet treats, Christmas dinner recipes and more, all made in your slow cooker!
Pin this recipe for later:
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Scones
- Mix together the flour, salt and sugar.225 g self raising flour, Pinch of salt, 30 g caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- Rub in the butter roughly.55 g butter
- Stir in the milk to make a soft dough.150 ml milk
- Stir in the chocolate chips or other filling.100 g chocolate chips
- Bring it together gently and form it into a round. Score the top with a knife where you will cut the individual triangles.
- Line your slow cooker pot and put the dough in gently.
- Cook on high for approx 1.5 hrs or until a skewer comes out clean, with a tea towel under the lid to stop water dripping on top of the dough.
- Remove from the pot and allow to cool then slice into triangles.