Slow Cooker Nutella Giant Scone! Chocolatey scone with Nutella spread both in the mixture and drizzled over the top. Baked in the slow cooker by me but no doubt works in the oven too. Fancy a bit?
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Don’t you just love Nutella? If you have a blender you can actually make your own Nutella at home and the big plus is you’ll know exactly what went into it.
I’d love to try this one day and see how it tastes, but for now I just used a jar.
A quick treat for a very cold Saturday afternoon, I decided to base my recipe on a large scone with added Nutella.
The scone mixture itself is not that sweet, so you can go made with the toppings instead! It is delicious served with whipped cream and Nutella drizzled over the top.
If you fancied it, you could add chocolate chips in with the mixture too. Of course, this may not be ideal if you have made some healthy resolutions this month!
In that case, just save it for another day (or give it to someone else like I do).
Baking in a Slow Cooker
I love to bake sweet treats in my slow cooker, I have more than one slow cooker so I can make a main meal for the family in one then a dessert or cake in another.
Bonuses for me of baking in a slow cooker are:
- you can do something else while baking
- as it is a slow cooker, your bake won’t burn quickly so it is more forgiving if you don’t bake much
- tastes great and makes it more fun!
More Nutella Recipes to Try
- Nutella millionaire shortbread from Kerry Cooks
- chocolate and Nutella trifle from Supergolden Bakes
- Nutella bread from Casa Costello
- Malteser and Nutella cheesecake from Mummy Mishaps
- My Banana and Nutella cake
- My Nutella pancakes
Pin my Slow Cooker Nutella Giant Scone for later!
Slow Cooker Nutella Giant Scone
- 200 g plain flour I used golden whole grain
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 55 g butter
- 30 g caster sugar
- 100 g Nutella
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- Nutella and whipped cream to serve
- Place the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Place the Nutella into a small bowl and heat gently in the microwave until it is thinner and more runny.
- Stir the caster sugar into the main mixture, then add the milk and the Nutella and make a soft dough.
- Grease your slow cooker pot lightly and place a large cake case in it or line it with baking paper. Double the layers to prevent the scone burning.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined pot.
- Place a tea towel under the lid and put the lid back on, and cook on high for 1.5 hrs or until firm.
- Allow to cool, drizzle with more warmed Nutella and serve with whipped cream. Eat on the day you make it.
Also linking up with Bake of the Week with Casa Costello and Cook Blog Share with Sneaky Veg.