Swirls of peanut butter inside brownies or chocolate batter in cakes always look so delicious, and this inspired me to try a jam swirl in this slow cooker cake.
This is a simple muffin-style cake with jam inside, lovely as an afternoon treat or after-school snack. Serve it warm with ice-cream or custard, so indulgent!
You could try different flavours of jam, or even Nutella, chocolate spread or peanut butter to make a change. How about peanut butter and jam, that should make a great combination if you are a PB&J fan.
Keep an eye out as I’ll be trying peanut butter and caramel very soon! My slow cooker jam swirl cake is so simple to make kids could help you with this too.
Here’s the strawberry jam version ready to bake.
Or the plum jam version with cherry ready to serve.
Pour over warm custard or top with ice cream, delicious! Make a slow cooker jam swirl cake today!
Pin for later
Slow Cooker Jam Swirl Cake
- 300 g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml milk
- 60 ml veg oil I used sunflower
- 1 egg
- 100 g caster sugar
- Strawberry jam or use different flavours of jam
- 100 g chopped glace cherries optional
- Put the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, egg, oil and sugar together in another bowl.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Put half the mixture in your prepared (greased, lined) slow cooker bowl.
- Drop on some spoonfuls of jam.
- Top with the rest of the cake batter, then add more spoonfuls of jam on top.
- Swirl the jam around with a knife to achieve a pretty effect.
In my slow cooker this took. 2-3 hrs approx on high, but mine cooks slowly. Yours may take less, check from about 1.5 hrs and remove the pot when a skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool.