Lemon madeleines are a cute French small cake, a real classic French recipe. Typically they have humps which form as they bake. This lemon vanilla madeleine recipe is easy to follow and they taste great.
Another reason I love to make madeleines is I can use my vintage madeleine tin. Just love it! This was a find on eBay.
I love making madeleines, they are so simple and yet so tasty. I like to stick to simple flavours, so vanilla and lemon madeleines are a favourite.
These lemon madeleines were as easy to make as fairy cakes, and very tasty. It really only takes five to ten minutes to prepare them, then they are also very quick to bake, so you can be enjoying them so soon!
Vanilla and Lemon Madeleines
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g butter melted
- 0.75 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of a lemon
- Icing sugar to dust
- Prepare the tin with a little melted butter and preheat the oven to 180.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs until frothy.
- Lightly whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Then pour carefully into the tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and firm in the middle.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then carefully remove from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.