Vanilla and Lemon Madeleines
I love making madeleines, they are so simple and yet so tasty. I like to stick to simple flavours, vanilla and lemon madeleines are a favourite. My madeleine tin is a vintage find from France, I love it!
These vanilla and lemon madeleines were as easy to make as fairy cakes, and very tasty.
Vanilla and lemon madeleines
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g butter melted
- 0.75 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of a lemon
- Icing sugar to dust
- Prepare the tin with a little melted butter and preheat the oven to 180.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs until frothy.
- Lightly whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Then pour carefully into the tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and firm in the middle.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then carefully remove from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.