These mini madeleines with apple and cinnamon are perfect for snacking with coffee or tea or as after school treats. Autumnal flavours make these hard to resist.
Baking along with the Great British Bakeoff has been fun but I have gone a bit off big cakes after all that baking now! Bite-size treats are great for snacks and as they are so tiny you can have a few.
I’ve incorporated the flavours of autumn into these apple and cinnamon madeleines. Flavours that give you a big hug when the weather isn’t great outside.
So quick and easy to make, and you only need a small amount of ingredients to make a small batch.
Delicious as a bite-size treat. They are best eaten on the same day, as normal size madeleines.
These are my rather late entry into my Perfecting Patisserie challenge! Do visit and see the other delicious entries.
For more flavoured madeleine ideas, have a look at these from Top UK Food Bloggers:
- matcha and sesame madeleines from Fuss Free Flavours
- pumpkin spice madeleines with salted caramel from Supergolden Bakes
- chilli and chocolate madeleines from Tin and Thyme
Apple and Cinnamon Madeleines
- Whisk the egg and sugar together until frothy.50 g caster sugar, 1 medium free-range egg
- Whisk in the melted butter, flour, cinnamon and baking powder.50 g self-raising flour, 50 g unsalted butter, 0.5 tsp baking powder, 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Fold in the chopped apple pieces.10 g dried apple rings
- Leave the batter to stand for about ten minutes.
- Spoon a little of the mixture into each cell of a mini madeleine pan (I used a silicone one).
- Bake at 180℃ / 350℉ for 8 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.Icing sugar for dusting