Rocky road – the easiest ever!! I’ve taken one of the easiest indulgent chocolate recipes and made it even easier. Forget about messy crushing of biscuits, you don’t even need to bother with that in my rocky road recipe.
Ultimate lazy baking! Love chocolate? Love chocolate digestives? You’ll love this rocky road then!
You must have seen Digestive Nibbles in the shops. They are Digestive biscuit balls covered in chocolate.
As well as being a delicious treat, they are also ideal to use in baking. You can also use them to make a cheesecake base or add them to brownies for a biscuity crunch, but I thought I’d try them in the easiest rocky road ever.
Melted chocolate enriched with butter and golden syrup, melted and then mixed with crushed biscuits and marshmallows. That’s how I like rocky road.
It reminds me of the Rocky Road ice cream I first tried when I was a child, chocolate ice cream filled with marshmallows and other delicious chunks of chocolate and cookies. Who could resist that?!
This delight can be yours with a few minutes of melting and stirring. Well, you’ll have to wait a couple of hours for it to set in the fridge but if you factor that time in and make a batch earlier in the day, you can be enjoying a chunk or two later on.
After melting in a pan, fold in your digestive nibbles (or crushed biscuits) and marshmallows and then pour into a pan to set.
I used a silicone pan lined with baking parchment.
Once set, slice to reveal the delights within!
Note this isn’t a sponsored post, I just think the digestives nibbles are great for baking with.
Sending this recipe over to WeShouldCocoa with Choclette from Tin and Thyme, and bakeoftheweek with Jenny from Mummy Mishaps, and Baking Crumbs with Angela from Only Crumbs Remains, not forgetting Treat Petite with Kat the Baking Explorer.
Pin for later
Easiest Rocky Road
- 225 g dark chocolate I used 54%
- 75 g Unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 120 g white chocolate Digestive nibbles
- 120 g orange Digestive nibbles
- 85 g milk chocolate Digestive nibbles
- 65 g mini marshmallows Freeze them for a couple of hours beforehand to prevent them melting
- Line a square silicone pan with baking paper.
- In a pan, melt together the chocolate, butter and golden syrup until smooth.
- Take off the heat. Pour the Digestive nibbles into the pan and stir through.
- Add the marshmallows and give a quick stir.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined pan and spread it around evenly, smoothing the top.
- Pop the tray into the fridge and chill until set. This should take around two hours or you can also leave it overnight.
- Cut into slices and serve!