It’s that time of year now when I start to plan what treats we’ll have over the Christmas period. Fudge ticks all the boxes: easy to make, everyone loves it, perfect for gifts, a lovely indulgent treat.
What better excuse than Christmas for a boozy slow cooker salted caramel fudge. It’s creamy, sweet and has a lovely warming kick from salted caramel liqueur. I can’t guarantee you’ll want to share this one – hic!
Why Make Fudge in a Slow Cooker?
If you make your fudge in the slow cooker it is a lot more difficult to get it wrong. The low and slow heat of the crockpot means you are less likely to burn it on the bottom of the pan, and as long as you keep the lid off the chocolate should not seize either.
Melt the chocolate and caramel together gently in the pot, it’s so simple. If you have your slow cooker out on the counter like I always do, why not put it to good use?
Salted Caramel Liqueur
Have you come across this wondrous liqueur? Creamy and sweet, it’s a great winter warmer. The one I used was a supermarket own brand and I adore it. I also use this salted caramel liqueur to add a kick to slow cooker hot chocolate.
If you prefer Baileys, that would work well too! There’s a lovey new coffee Baileys I’d love to try out that would be great in fudge as well.
Festive Fudge Flavours
I seem to make a new slow cooker fudge every year around this time. Other flavours on the blog which are also great for the festive period include white chocolate with raspberry and pistachio, amaretto with raisin and almond, candy cane, Black Forest.
Which do you want to try first? This amaretto one was pretty good, the boozy ones are great for Christmas.
So now you know you are in the right place for slow cooker indulgent creations, subscribe now so you never miss a post and get new posts by email and make sure you check out my recipe archives and guide to making desserts in the slow cooker!
Watch how easy it is to make this fudge now.
More Boozy Recipes to Try Out
For more boozy recipes to try out this Christmas, check out these recipes from my blogging friends:
- Baileys fudge from Munchies and Munchkins
- Satsumas poached in red wine from The Hedge Combers
- Cranberry infused gin from Supper in the Suburbs
- Coconut cookie slices with rum glaze from Fab Food 4 All
- Homemade fudge liqueur from Happiness is Homemade
- Boozy gin mincemeat from Foodie Quine
More Christmas Recipes for your Slow Cooker
Make sure you check out my Christmas slow cooker roundup full of edible gifts, sweet treats, Christmas dinner recipes and more, all made in your slow cooker!
Pin this boozy slow cooker salted caramel fudge for later for Christmas inspiration
Boozy Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Fudge
- 600 g white chocolate
- 1 tin caramel
- 3 capfuls salted caramel liqueur
- Break up the chocolate and put it in the slow cooker pot.
- Add the caramel.
- Cook on high, with the lid off, for approx 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add three capfuls of salted caramel liqueur, mix well.
- Pour into a lined pan, smooth the top, then chill in the fridge until set. It should be set after 3-4 hours but you can also leave it overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!