I’m not quite sure where August went – blink and you’ve missed it! While I seem to have missed most of the month, we did spend a week in France (Poitou-Charentes) where I valiantly tried a few treats from the bakeries and patisseries in the name of research.
Thank you to everyone who joined in with the August Perfecting Patisserie challenge, once again there were some lovely entries linked up. I will be posting the roundup very soon so do look out for that.
With the return of Great British Bake Off, I’ve been baking along each week with one bake inspired by the show, and am particularly looking forward to Patisserie week when we get there. This week I even made a layered meringue and tried out some piping work, which I think shows I’ve become a bit more adventurous, no doubt through the inspiration of this challenge. I will try to keep up the good work 😉
I look forward to seeing your Patisserie inspired bakes this month, from gateaux Saint Honoré, feuilletés and millefeuilles, to fraisiers, charlottes or savarins!
As usual, the definition of pâtisserie for the challenge is very wide and also includes viennoiserie e.g. croissants, pastries and so on. Anything you might find in a Pâtisserie cookbook is fine! There is no theme again for this month, so do link up any pâtisserie recipes you post in August using the linky below, and check the guidelines below.
Perfecting Patisserie Challenge Guidelines
- Post your pâtisserie recipe on your blog.
- You can link up any pâtisserie or viennoiserie recipe. Sometimes there may be a special theme, so keep an eye out for that.
- Use the Perfecting Patisserie badge (above) in your post and link back to this post.
- Please link up new blog posts only (not old).
- Use the linky below to enter.
- It’s fine to join in with other challenges as well if your entry meets their criteria, and you can enter up to 3 entries per month, per blog, if you like.
- The challenge will run until the 28th of each month. The hosting blog will post a full round up at the end of the month.
- On Twitter, tweet your entries to @bakingqueen74 and use the hashtag #perfectingpatisserie and I will RT all I see.
- All entries will be pinned to a dedicated board on Pinterest.
- Please remember not to publish recipes from books etc on your blog without permission, to respect copyright. If you are using a recipe from a website, please link to the recipe.
[inlinkz_linkup id=559283 mode=1]