Easy strawberry tarts, perfect for sharing with your Valentine. Quick and oh so simple.
Just grab a sheet of ready-made puff pastry, some jam and strawberries. These easy strawberry tarts look and taste great, and you won’t need to spend hours making them, which is perfect for a busy household. My daughters were more interested in the strawberries than the tarts happily, leaving more for us to enjoy.
Valentine’s Day isn’t a big deal in our house but we do like to have a dessert, and these tarts would make a simple dessert for any occasion. If you vary the fruit and filling (Nutella anyone?) you can adapt the tarts to anyone’s taste too.
More Valentine Recipes
More easy ideas for Valentine’s Day:
- Raspberry shortbread hearts
- Easy Valentine’s chocolate cake from Casa Costello
- Raw brownie truffle hearts from Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Three gluten-free Valentine treats from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Persian love bundt from Supper in the Suburbs
Pin these strawberry tarts for later
Easy strawberry tarts
- 1 roll ready-made puff pastry or use your own if you have some homemade to hand
- Jam of your choice I used plum jam
- Optional to serve: whipped cream, chocolate to drizzle on top
This recipe hardly requires instructions, it is so easy as you can see.
- Cut your pastry sheet into squares, score a line one centimetre from the outside to form an edge.
- Place one teaspoon of jam in the centre of each square of pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees fan) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Add one more teaspoon of jam in the centre of each tart and spread it around, then top with sliced strawberries.
- Warm two tablespoons of jam and drizzle it over the strawberries, to glaze them.
- Serve immediately, with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle if you like.