Easy Strawberry Tarts
Easy strawberry tarts, perfect for sharing with your Valentine. Quick and oh so simple.
Just grab a sheet of ready-made puff pastry, some jam and strawberries. These easy strawberry tarts look and taste great, and you won’t need to spend hours making them, which is perfect for a busy household. My daughters were more interested in the strawberries than the tarts happily, leaving more for us to enjoy.
Valentine’s Day isn’t a big deal in our house but we do like to have a dessert, and these tarts would make a simple dessert for any occasion. If you vary the fruit and filling (Nutella anyone?) you can adapt the tarts to anyone’s taste too.
- 1 roll ready-made puff pastry or use your own if you have some homemade to hand
- Jam of your choice I used plum jam
- Optional to serve: whipped cream, chocolate to drizzle on top
This recipe hardly requires instructions, it is so easy as you can see.
- Cut your pastry sheet into squares, score a line one centimetre from the outside to form an edge.
- Place one teaspoon of jam in the centre of each square of pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees fafor 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Add one more teaspoon of jam in the centre of each tart and spread it around, then top with sliced strawberries.
- Warm two tablespoons of jam and drizzle it over the strawberries, to glaze them.
- Serve immediately, with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle if you like.
Pin for later
More easy ideas for Valentine’s Day: