Recently I’ve been trying to follow a healthier eating plan, and my mini baked oats with blueberries and cinnamon are a good breakfast choice.
They are also very versatile, just swap the fruit according to what you have. I make these without any added sugar, and I find them pretty filling when served with fresh fruit or natural yoghurt. If you want you can add sugar to your taste too of course.
You can vary the fruit of course, you could use strawberries, bananas, raisins, dates, chopped apple or whatever you want to use up.
Make a batch and take them for breakfast during the week, so easy when you prepare them in advance! Or pop them in a lunchbox for a snack to keep you on track.
At only two Freestyle Smartpoints each, you can have these as part of your WW freestyle healthy eating plan.
More baked oats to try
if you like baked oats, why not try:
- Baked oatmeal date and ginger cake from From Plate to Pen
- Sugar free healthy oat banana muffins from Kerry Cooks
- Baked porridge for babies or grownups from Penelope’s Pantry
- Pink gooseberry baked oats
Pin this recipe for later
Mini Baked Oats with Blueberries and Cinnamon
- 95 g oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50 g blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and a grinding of salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg then add the milk.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture onto the oat mixture and mix well.
- Add the blueberries.
- Mist six holes in a muffin pan with cooking spray (I used spray oil) then spoon the mixture equally into the holes.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx 25 minutes or until a skewer/knife comes out clean.