Slow cooker strawberry jam and scone pudding is an indulgent dessert for those cold days.
While the sun does keep showing its face here, it quickly disappears behind clouds to produce April showers with a bite to the wind.
After a long day walking in the countryside and working up a healthy appetite, I found some scones that needed to be used up in the bread bin, and thought I could make a cream tea-inspired pudding in the slow cooker as a treat for the family.
Strawberry jam, sultana scones, and a homemade custard combine to make this tasty warming pud.
This is proper comfort food, which if they’re anything like my lot, the whole family will love.
If you like my recipe for slow cooker strawberry jam and scone pudding, have a look at my guide to baking and making puddings in the slow cooker, with loads of recipes and tips for slow cooker baking.
You can also find lots more slow cooker desserts in my archives or by using the search function!
Pin for later!
Slow Cooker Strawberry Jam and Scone Pudding
- 6 sultana scones sliced
- 50 g Strawberry jam to spread on the scones
- 300 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp caster sugar to sprinkle on top
- Slice the scones in half, and spread them with jam.
- Arrange half of the scones in the base of the slow cooker.
- Whisk the milk, egg and 4 tsp of sugar in a jug, and pour it over the scones.
- Add the rest of the scones on top, and sprinkle on the remaining teaspoon of sugar.
- Cook on high for approx. 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the custard is set, with a tea towel under the lid to catch water dripping off it.