Another day, another craving for a slow cooker giant cookie… This time I decided on white chocolate and blueberry since that is a classic combination that works so well. Using fresh fruit gives it a lovely flavour but you could also use dried blueberries.
If you also now need a slow cooker giant white chocolate and blueberry cookie right now then read on for the recipe!
Slow cooker baking seems to much more FUN than normal baking. Maybe its the giant-sized cookies you can make – they must be person-sized right??
Check out my guide to baking in a slow cooker for loads more treats you can bake in your crockpot (fudge, scones, cakes, puddings, Nutella desserts, bread, flapjacks and more!).
I used the same basic recipe as in the chocolate chip and sultana giant cookie here but this time halved it and added a broken up (white chocolate) milky bar owl (not stolen from my children honest) to the mix.
I then pressed it into the slow cooker pot on top of the grease proof paper, and next scattered some blueberries on top, pushing them down into the dough. I finished it off by adding the remaining white chocolate on top of the cookie.
This was cooked for three hours on low then left to cool overnight.
Slow Cooker Giant White Chocolate and Blueberry Cookie – The Recipe
Slow Cooker Giant White Chocolate and Blueberry Cookie
- 75 g butter at room temp
- 37.5 g light muscovado sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 0.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 170 g plain flour
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 50 g white chocolate or add more if you like!
- 50 g blueberries
- Beat together the butter, two sugars, egg and vanilla extract till light and fluffy.
- In a different bowl stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Next stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. I kneaded it together till it all came together like biscuit dough. Sides of the bowl should clean when it is the right consistency.
- Stir in the white chocolate and blueberries and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Grease your slow cooker bowl with butter, and cut grease proof paper to fit the base and put it in. Grease the top of the paper too.
- Spoon the dough into the slow cooker bowl and flatten/press into the sides.
- Slow cook for 3 hrs on low, with lid on. You may need to switch to high for the last 30 mins.
- For the last 30 mins leave the lid half open.
- Take the bowl out the slow cooker and cool for half an hour.Turn the cookie out on to a cooling rack, remove the grease proof paper for the bottom, and slice to serve.