A giant chocolate chip cookie, served hot with ice cream and chocolate sauce – are you drooling yet??
What’s even better is you cook the cookie in your slow cooker so you can go and get on with your to-do list while you wait for it to bake, and it won’t burn!
Then when ready to serve just lift it out of your crockpot, add your toppings and you and your friends (you will share this right?) can dive right in.
Read on for my recipe for a slow cooker giant chocolate chip cookie!
Delicious warm cookie dough, filled with chocolate chunks and just begging for a spoon so you can dig in.
Its perfect for a weekend dessert I think, or a decadent week-day treat too.
Let’s face it, any day would be better with this on your plate!
You can also let the cookie cool and cut it into slices if you prefer, though I like it best served warm with ice-cream and chocolate sauce or whipped cream and salted caramel sauce!
About an inch or more thick, this cookie is just right for an indulgent dessert. If you spend time on Pinterest like me you will have seen the skillet/frying pan versions of these.
I love the slow cooker method best though as it doesn’t risk burning as much. You get nice crispy edges and the middle is so soft.
How Do You Make a Cookie in A Slow Cooker?
It is possible to make a giant cookie in a slow cooker, as you can see from these photos.
Here’s how to make a slow cooker giant cookie:
- Make your cookie dough
- Grease and line your slow cooker with baking paper or similar
- Press the dough into the pot on the baking paper
- Cook for 3 hours on low
- Leave the lid half open for the last half an hour
- Remove the pot from the slow cooker and allow to cool slightly
- Tip the giant cookie onto a cooling rack
- Try not to burn your fingers and enjoy the cookie warm with ice cream and chocolate sauce
More Slow Cooker Inspiration!
You can also subscribe here to receive emails with new posts so you don’t miss a recipe!
Original Recipe Photos
Original photos from February 2014 version of this post for posterity. Which do you prefer?!
Pin this slow cooker giant cookie recipe for later:
Slow Cooker Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 150 g butter at room temp
- 75 g light muscovado sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 340 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g dark choc chips or chopped milk or dark chocolate
- 50 g sultanas or raisins, currants
- Beat together the butter, two sugars, eggs and vanilla extract till light and fluffy.
- In a different bowl stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Next stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. I kneaded it together till it all came together like biscuit dough. Sides of the bowl should clean when it is the right consistency.
- Stir in the choc chips and sultanas and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Grease your slow cooker bowl with butter, and cut grease proof paper to fit the base and put it in. Grease the top of the paper too.
- Spoon the dough into the slow cooker bowl and flatten/press into the sides.
- Slow cook for 3 hrs on low, with lid on. You may need to switch to high for the last 30 mins.
- For the last 30 mins leave the lid half open.
- Take the bowl out the slow cooker and cool for half an hour.
- Turn the cookie out on to a cooling rack, remove the grease proof paper for the bottom, and slice to serve.